BuildLearn would like to welcome all Officers to the BuildLearn Safety Management System.
Officers should complete all the courses which have been identified by the symbol pictured which you will find on the course front page.
Courses should be completed on a self paced basis.
Definition of a Officer
An officer is a person who makes decisions, or participates in making decisions that affect the whole, or a substantial part, of a business or undertaking and has the capacity to significantly affect the financial standing of the business or undertaking.
If a person is responsible only for implementing those decisions, they are not considered an officer.
Partners of a partnership are not officers but are PCBUs.
An officer of a PCBU must exercise due diligence to ensure that the PCBU complies with its duties under the WHS legislation.
Officers must complete
- Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking Course
- BuildLearn's Health and Safety Program
- The General Safety Induction
- Emergencies on a Residential Building Site
- Policies and Procedures Tutorial
- Tradesman Safe System of Works
- Tool and Equipment Safe Operating Systems
- Housekeeping on a Resident Building Site
- Chemicals on a Building Site
- An Introduction to PPE
- Managing Hazardous Substances in the Workplace
- How to Control Risks
Officers can also access
- On Line Field Documentation
- Approved Model Codes of Practices
- BuildLearn Policies and Procedures
- Job Descriptions
- Site Safety Management Plan (very important)